Monday, July 12, 2010

One Down, Two to Go!

I have been spending this summer break at Otterbein in order to work on shows. The Mousetrap, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and Don't Dress for Dinner. We just closed The Mousetrap this past weekend and today (Monday), we started to tech Spelling Bee. It has been pretty busy around here, but it has been a great deal of fun as well.

Being around here has made me realize that I still love theatre. Sometimes, when people are working on shows all the time, they discover that its a hobby, rather than a profession. I find it to be both. Although it is nice to have a break sometimes. We have few days off, but I enjoy them to the best of my ability. No matter how much you love something, it is always a good idea to take some time off, for yourself and your sanity. I do the best I can, but having the day off sometimes means, having the day to update paperwork, or transport costumes/props/scenery...or just a catch up day.

Through the long days and demanding schedule, keeping calm and relaxed this summer has been fairly easy! I hope the rest of the season continues that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment